Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Story


This is my story, the story of how I died. My name is Christine Debute, I died the day before my wedding, in a fire that was no accident. And I've been haunting these halls ever since. And if you're wondering, yes, I am a ghost but I prefer living dead. The only reason you can see me in the picture above is because I let you. You see, if I didn't want you to see me, the picture above would be empty. Anyway, it all happened when I was shopping for my wedding dress, my mother was there helping me, of course, pick it out. You can see from the picture above what I chose. So fast forward, blah, blah, blah, ah! Here we go! It happened the night before my wedding I was making sure the dress still fit. (you never know) Well, I was watching the telly when the news broadcaster came up and said, "If you live around the eastern corner of London then you might want to check you're fire alarms, there is an arsonist on the loose, so be careful, this is London news." That is the area I used to live in, the eastern corner of London. I didn't think of it, what were the chances of it being me? I was in my closet looking in my mirror when the smoke alarm went off. The door was hot and I was on the third floor, in other words, I was trapped. I went to grab my phone to call the fire department when I remembered it was down stairs. So, I grabbed my sheets and went to the window to get my neighbors attention, but unfortunately their house was on fire too. Trapped, with no one to help me, all alone, the night before my wedding. That's when it hit me, I was going to die. Alone. What I remember next was a hazy dream of a meadow, I was running in a meadow, then it faded and I was back in the house, but it was different. I got up, (or floated, whatever) and looked around. There was furniture I've never seen before, and pictures of people I didn't know. What is this? I thought, This stuff isn't mine, and who are these people? Then I remember that dreadful night of fire and sparks. "Oh no." I said out loud, "No, no no, this can not be happening!" I exclaimed. "Mom? is that you?" a little voice said. "No, it's me, Christine Debute? Who are you?" I asked. He took one look at me and fainted. That is when I realized I was a gho- ehem living dead being. And ever since, I have been haunting this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment